Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Prayer Quilt


Yesterday when I picked Violet up from her preschool class, the teacher handed me a small folded quilt and whispered "this is from the church". I didn't know what to say... I wasn't sure what she was handing me... so I think I muttered a thank you... and a confused look. When I got in the car I saw that it was a quilt made for Violet from the United Methodist Church that was prayed over to comfort her. I almost burst into tears. It was really sweet of them to think of Violet. I'm sure they started to make it when she was in the hospital and for the few little medical problems she has, and maybe also because they know her grandmother is very ill right now. Whatever reason, it touched me. Violet loves the quilt. It has her name on it, which she loves to see. We've only had it these two days but for all of yesterday afternoon, and in the evening she carried it around with her. And first thing this morning she remembered to grab it from her bed to wrap around her while she ate breakfast and on the couch while she watched some morning cartoons before school.

No comments: