Last night I held my first ever ornament exchange/dinner party! I kept it small and all but one lady was able to go because she was out of town. There were six of us there total. For the dinner menu I made asparagus soup, chicken soup, and chicken squares. Holly brought some cream cheese with candied jalapenos and crackers. For dessert I made a sort of "strawberry shortcake" but with strawberries, pomegranate seeds and cherries.
First we had dinner and dessert while we chatted. Next I moved everyone into the kitchen to make a terrarium ornament with live plants... hopefully they all live and we all remember to water them occasionally. After Christmas they are to be hung in the window and hopefully last throughout the year. Afterwards we exchanged ornaments... I didn't get a picture of the ornament that I made... but I think I posted it about three years ago... because that's when I had made it and how long I've been waiting to host an ornament exchange. Lastly we moved into the living room for more girl talk. I hope everyone had a lovely time, I know that I did!
![]() |
| My strawberry, cherry, pomegranate seed, shortcake |
![]() |
| Terrarium Ornaments. Plants are Baby Tears (though the tag says Angel baby tears... but when I looked it up it said just baby tears) or Helxine soleirolii, and some moss |




2 comments:
What a great idea! Loved the live ornament idea!
It was such a great party! You are so creative and all your decorations were beautiful and the food delicious! You need to post a picture of your beautiful paper chains!
Post a Comment