Thursday, October 23, 2014

10 Years of Marital Bliss

October 1st, 2015 was our 10 year wedding anniversary. I asked David to plan it (I like when he plans it because then I know it's somewhere/something he is willing to do/go to/pay for, and I know he'll be thinking of me too).

He kept pretending that he hadn't thought of something yet but he took the week off of work and already arranged to have his mom keep the kids for us at our house. Soon I knew he had planned something but he wanted it to be a surprise. He said we would be outdoors a lot (this did not sound like the David I know). I also knew it was 6 hours away. I guessed lots of places we might go. I finally correctly guessed that we were going to a ranch... I only thought to guess ranch because I knew he would look for a place for us to do clay shooting, and I've heard him mention work friends who have ranches and clay shot on them.

He planned such a beautiful and fun trip to Wildcatter Ranch. We would do horseback riding, skeet shooting, archery, stone massages, there was an infinity pool with a gorgeous view (didn't get pictures of that). We had our own little cabin away from everyone else. We were next to fields where cows would graze in the morning. Unfortunately they (like many areas) are in a drought... the lake was completely dried up... completely. So no canoeing.

It was a lovely trip and so good to reconnect with just each other.

Here are some photos...out of order.

Fixin' to go horseback riding for the second day

Comfy couch. Long day of doing stuff.

Just a picture of some of the cabin

More togetherness before the ride.

Right behind our cabin

David and archery it looked worse in person... I had a smaller bruise because I wore a wrist guard.

Handsome husband, out for dinner.

Black widow outside our window, she laid her egg sack within the hour

My last arrow got a bullseye... it was the target farthest away too.

I really regret wearing the ninja turtle t-shirt

A Natural

View from my horse

Rancher Clint

outside the cabin

Tree by the cabin

Details

More cabin pictures

It had two rooms. We can bring the kids next time.

Took this from their website, we didn't bring our phones to the pool.

Took from their website, this is where we did skeet shooting...didn't get a photo.


I love trips like this. My dream is to own a cabin with some land (preferably in the Mountains or surrounded by Mountains), with a big garden, chickens, honeybee hives. David's not keen on the idea... yet. When he's outside though, when he's horseback riding, or watching the cows graze, or soaking up the scenery, or relaxing by some water... you'd swear it's his dream too. I don't know if he is aware of how much he enjoys it. When we take trips like this I am hopeful the idea is growing on him. Cheers to the next ten years!

No comments: