Wow, 1 year ago today I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl! She has been such a joy to our home and definitely one of the missing pieces to our family.
For her birthday we had family over to celebrate. I cleaned all day and bought tons of lunch meats and rolls, we had chips and watermelon too. I made cupcakes. When we sang to Violet, she grabbed at the candle with her hand, extinquising the flame. This resulted in Violet screaming her head off. Then she refused to even try her cupcake. The next day I tried to give her another cupcake, nope, too many bad memories I suppose.
It was so nice seeing everyone. All who came were: Grandma, Mo, Kileen, Gerald, Aurora, Ryan, Amber, Roman, Connor, Tata, Boo, Adam, Goku, Xavier, Sister Brown, Sister Perry (Sister Missionaries in our ward currently) and of course Mommy, Daddy and Liam.
So much love and lots of gifts were given. Lots and lots of clothes from everyone, that were defintely needed. A doggy pull toy from Uncle Connor. Also a talking Elmo doll from Grandma. Mommy, Daddy and Liam got her a LittlePeople's Animal Sound Farm. She is so cute because she loves to play with it. Tata and Boo, this being their first granddaugther, bought her a pair of 18 kt white gold diamond earrings, beautiful.
Sorry no pictures yet. I have to get a hold of some from family. My camera doesn't work, and David still hasn't bought me my Christmas/Birthday present camera...I might get jipped on that. Meanwhile I am losing memories I can never get back :(
Violet is still cruising along furniture. She has also started climbing on everything. She climbs on the couch and then promptly falls off...over and over again. She loves the "Popcorn" song...really she loves any song you sing to her. She always smiles. But with the popcorn song she makes a popping motion with her hands, and "If You're Happy and You Know It" she claps along to. She LOVES to watch Curious George now. She laughs everytime she sees him and then just watches with a smile on her face, giggling now and again during the episode. She also loves to watch Signing Time with us...she loves the songs.
Violet still loves dirt and mud...unfortunately the other day she crawled into an ant pile. Her poor little legs are both covered in bites. She didn't even cry, she just kind of looked at me with this look and started itching her legs. Once she had a bath, she was fine.
She loves being chased around the house, it cracks her up to be chased then kiss attacked. David gets so sad when he comes home from work and she's already in bed. I'll tell him about the things she did that day and David gets a huge smile on his face, followed by a pout because he wants to hold her and give her kisses but she's sleeping. She loves to play and read with us, she loves Liam like crazy, we love her like crazy.
1 comment:
She is so adorable. I'm glad we were there for it!
Post a Comment