Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Adventures in 2009, Resolutions for 2010.

So my resolutions for 2009 were:
1. Run 1 mile straight. Accomplished? NO. Not even close. :(

2. Change my sugar intake, meal portions...drink more water. Accomplished? Partly, I got better about eating less sugar, my meal portions are a tiny bit smaller but can still be improved drastically. And I do drink more water...but still not enough.

3. Get my home organized and keep it clean more often then not. Accomplished? Partly again. I finally got everything unpacked and storage put up in the attic... but my room still needs lots of work being organized. I think part of that is I get it organized, then think of a better way to do it... it's a never ending cycle. I got really really good at cleaning the house. I had a system and everything. But then I got addicted to Left 4 Dead and I got worse. I still kept it cleaner then I ever have, but need to keep up with my system. My system being, wake up and clean until around 10. Do the dishes, sweep/wash floors, counters etc. Clean and vacuum the living room, dining room and office, clean the kids rooms my room and the bathrooms, put a load of laundry in the washer, move washer to the dryer and fold the clothes in the dryer. Start dinner and then don't worry about the house the rest of the day. Just play with the kids and relax. Next day repeat. This works awesomely...unless you go to bed at 1 a.m.

I gave up the gaming finally, but sleep schedule is still pretty wacked.

4. Finish reading the Book of Mormon. Begin reading the New Testiment. Accomplished? Partly, lol. I did finish reading the Book of Mormon. Now I've been slacking on Scripture study :(

5. Start a vegetable garden. Better maintain my yard. Accomplished? Yes. Finally something!

6. Paint the rooms in the house. Accomplished? Uhhhh. Well I painted the guest room before my brother moved in. And I painted the hallway. Yes the hallway...but it needs a second coat. Painting is harder work then I expected...and kind of expensive.

7. Finish my artwork for the house. Accomplished? Did I forget that I have young children or something with these goals? And now I'm getting a little depressed that a year has passed... Well I did one painting and I worked on the large one that still needs lots of work.

8. Do my vector illustrations for istock. Accomplished. No. Not even close, not even started.

9. Practice greater patience. Accomplished? A little, I've gotten better, but I still have moments that I am disappointed in myself with my reactions.

10. Keep loving my family everyday, every moment. Accomplished? Well I always love them. Do I always show it? Not nearly enough.

2009 Recap:

David: He got a midyear raise that we were not expecting but greatly appreciated. Why did he get one? Because he is freakin' awesome. Hard worker and very smart. Worked so hard this year working weekends. It was hard to have such little time with the family, but a good career move. His company has acknowledged his efforts and rewarded them. He is part of a wonderful opportunity for his career and our family that is still hush hush. He also got promoted to Lead Technical Consultant. He is now 1 of 3! This is a very big deal and involved another raise, it also takes the cap off of his salary and opens him up to other bonuses throughout the year. One of the other leads is his brother too, but he's been in that position for a while and the top of the leads. The Hall boys know how to make a name for themselves.

Diana: Took care of the kids. Lol. Yeah, that's it. Well I also quit the Company I helped start with my friend... talk about go getter! I just couldn't keep up. I think being a stay at home mom, taking care of the kids and house is very involved and I don't know how other moms do both! I have tons, I mean TONS of projects I'm working on of course. Most of these projects involve the kids or are for the kids. The rest are for the house. I bought my domain for scribblerart.com but have not set it up yet. It's okay, I bought it for five years :) Hopefully I'll have a better report next year.

Liam: Started to learn to read! He sounds out words and knows tons of sight words. He helps me read his books at night. He also writes words and especially writes his name all over the place. Earlier in the year he had learned to sign the whole alphabet...and when I sign words to him using the ASL alphabet, he sounds it out as I go and knows what word I am spelling. I had video of him signing, but it accidentally got deleted. We'll get one of him soon. It's very cute. He also learned to pedal his bike.

Violet: Learned to crawl and walk in 2009! Also started to talk... I can probably list here all the words she says: Mommy, daddy, Liam, Bria, apple, bottle, binky, bubble, socks and shoes, baby doll, tiger, cat, bird, up, down, on, off, ball, cold, hot, more, thank you, NO, car, ABC, outside, tata (David's mom), boo (David's dad), diaper, flower, diaper change, clean up... okay that's all I can think of... there are a few more though. She loves playing with cars, and she loves playing with dolls. She takes really good care of her babies and feeds them milk while saying "num num num". Loves being outside. She's very sweet and says "dank do" often. She especially loves to be understood (who doesn't right?). If she is telling you something and you come through, she almost sighs relief and then says "dank do". She is quite the princess around here though and gets her way a little too often probably.

As a family: We bought a family sized car in March. David and I went on a much needed vacation to Disney World in October to celebrate our 5 years of marriage. We've taken more trips as a family...not unusal for lots of families but David and I are quite the homebodies...so this is a big deal for us. Me and some other ladies also did a 'school' time thing for our kids once a week. That was lots of fun. And as I mentioned before my brother Connor and his daughter Bria moved in with us temporarily. It's been great getting to know my younger brother and my niece Bria better. He is very easy to live with but I know he is anxious to have a home of his own for his daughter.

We are very grateful to our Heavenly Father for all the blessings in our lives in 2009 and always.

2010 Resolutions.
1) Lose at least 15 lbs by May...but hopefully more like 25. How to accomplish? David, Connor and I have started a workout program called P90X. So far, so great :) I've also been following the suggested diet for best results. It's not bad at all, I am actually enjoying it...I think when you work out that hard, all food tastes really good. And it's easy to stay away from the bad stuff because you don't want to ruin all your hard work! But it's only been 6 days (we started before the new year)...then again it's only for 90 days. Hopefully by then it will be a routine.

2) Start trying for baby number 3 in May...hope to get pregnant in May so I can have my baby in February, but I'll take whatever month I can get :). Don't need to explain how to accomplish this. It is also very motivating for me to lose weight for this purpose. I'd also like to resolve to not tell anybody until I'm 15 weeks along. I just want to see if I can keep news that exciting to myself for a little bit. It probably doesn't help to tell everyone we want another one though...and when we plan on trying for the baby. I might get asked and then I won't be able to lie!

3) Finish painting both hallways, Liam's room and Violet's room. Needs to be done before I get pregnant...if we are so blessed. Accomplish this by finishing coat number 2 next weekend. Tape up and paint 2nd hallway by the end of January. Middle of February tape up and paint Liam's room. Middle of March tape up and paint Violet's room. IF I do this, then I also want to paint the Dining room...it has markers all over the walls.

4) Read New Testiment. Accomplish by reading a few chapters a night before bed.

That's all. I have lots of projects like I said, but these are the most important to me right now. Yay 2010!

No comments: