David and I rarely have heated arguments. The last time we had a heated argument was March 21st 2008, I remember because I was eight months pregnant with Violet and it was David's birthday... well, that was the last time until yesterday, that is. And it's not because I'm so peaceful and laid back. It's because David is. Except, when he gets mad it scares me, because he never gets mad...I'm not used to feeling that angry spirit from him or hearing his loud voice.
Yesterday wasn't really an argument either come to think of it. I was irritated at something David did. He got mad that I got irritated...guess I had been doing that a lot lately and he had enough. I got nervous because he was so angry. I apologized, I didn't yell back. He kept yelling. What calmed him down is Liam.
Suddenly Liam says "hey hey hey guys" while holding his arms out between us as if to stop a fist fight. Then he adds "Daddy stop yelling at mommy, that's not nice" and then "and mommy be nice to daddy, you love each other, we are a family".
Only three years old. Although Liam has probably never seen us argue like that (well not that he can remember anyway) he knew exactly what to say to calm his daddy down.
2 comments:
Awwww. Ash has told me things that I really needed to hear too, that teach me how to be more patient and kinder. I am trying to let the "angry mama bear" hibernate more and let myself enjoy these kids more, appreciate the husband more. it's easy for me to get irritated at little stuff especially.
What a sweet boy! How amazing
Post a Comment