Monday, April 19, 2010

1st Sewing Project

I mentioned before that I am a Laurel Advisor in my Church's (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) Young Women's program. The Young Women have the option of completing something called Personal Progress. The purpose of Young Women Personal Progress is to "help each young woman strengthen her testimony of Jesus Christ, understand her identity as a daughter of God, prepare for her future roles, and prepare to be worthy to make and keep sacred temple covenants. Personal Progress is a tool to assist parents and leaders as they watch over and strengthen each young woman."

As a leader I need to understand the program and help the young women in any way I can. And as a personal goal, as I had not completed my personal progress in my youth, I am also working on completing mine.

SO after that long explanation, here is my first sewing project (on a machine...well 1st one in 17 years). I made a personal progress book holder. I did not come up with this idea. I copied it. The Young Women's president in my ward created them for the Young Women. I wanted one too. So I studied it carefully and then recreated it from memory. Okay so it's not the hardest sewing project...not even close. But I did make a few changes... I used a thicker placemat as the material, I added a lovely lining, and I added a spot to hold a pen. I love looking at this because I machine sewed it myself. Now I'm working on that garden pillow for Violet's birthday..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Diana,

This looks awesome! You are so talented.
You could potentially sell this! :)
Thanks for sharing