Okay I lied, no Rodeo yet... I had downloaded most of the pictures but my computer was/is acting too slow. David's solution? HE will get a NEW computer and I can have his old/new one (that he just built last year). Hmmmm. I told him I could wait a bit longer... I really want furniture in our house! Still, this is why I never have pictures on my blog.
We had a little Easter egg hunt this morning. I had filled eggs last night and as they were playing in the backyard this morning, I thought I could grab a few for fun. We had such a loooonnng day yesterday... sunblock all over Violet, the living room and the kitchen... smeared on door knobs and my bathroom mirror and attempted to be cleaned by Liam as he scrubbed at it with MY toothbrush. Violet brought/spilt vermiculite and peat moss in my living room and on the porch. Everytime I put Violet down for a nap yesterday she started yelling two minutes later because she had a poopy diaper. EVERY TIME. Including bedtime. SO she didn't have a nap all day and constantly threw fits. It was just long. Every activity I tried to start with them, ended in tantrums. As soon as David got home I gave him a kiss and ran out of the door to Young Women's...I am one of the advisors in the Young Women program at my church and they have an activity night once a week. I don't always have to go...especially if David can't get home on time and also because I prepare and teach a Sunday school lesson each week. I digress (as usual).
So I very quickly and sneakily (I just had to look up that word to make sure it was real), hid 8 eggs while they played in the sandbox. Then I told Liam to start looking for eggs, but that he had to share with his sister and cousin. He happily agreed and started looking. Violet found one. And that was it. That was her egg, open it now please. When she saw candy was inside she started jumping up and down and laughing.
Liam did that last year. He found one egg and that was enough. He sure has grown. Now he enjoys trying to find as many eggs as he can.
I saw something cute pertaining to egg hunts... you put a chocolate chicken or duck or bunny out in plain sight. And that means there are Easter eggs to be found, and who ever (or is it whom ever?) finds the most eggs, gets the chocolate chicken/duck/bunny. That makes it a real competition ;) Young children, well that would probably make them sad if they didn't win it, but older kids or adults, that would make it more fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment