Monday, July 19, 2010

A Memory from High School...

I had this huge crush on this guy in my Art History class. I was a senior and he was a junior. He was cute, cool and smart. Girls threw themselves at him daily. One girl in our class... EVERYDAY... would stand in front of him and bend over 'looking for a book' she could never find. It was shameless. In his junior year of High School he had gotten an SAT score high enough to be offered a full scholarship to UCLA. He always got straight A's on tests but would tell people he got a C (I caught him doing that once and asked him about it, he said it was so people didn't classify him as a nerd).

Anyhow, we always got into these meaningless arguments. I thought of this one today while I made myself a sandwich:

Him: I had a really good samwich at lunch.
Me: Ummm, did you just say samwich?
Him: Yeah, so?
Me: Trying to be cute or something?
Him: What? What are you talking about?
Me: Usually when people say samwich it's to be cute...and I've only heard girls do it.
Him: Ummmmm... how do YOU say it?
Me: (wide eyed stare, than slowly) Sandwich...
Him: Hahaha, SANDWICH? As in Sand... like at a beach??? Hahahahahaha!
Me: (giving him an incredulous look)Are you being serious?
Him: Yeah, are you?
Me: (for a split second I second guess my knowledge on this trivial debate. Than realize that he really doesn't know it's Sandwich) Hahahaha! IT IS pronounced SANDwich. Who taught you it was samwich? Hahhahaahahaha!
Him: (narrowing his eyes) What?? It's pronounced samwich!
Me: (laughing harder, I call the teacher over...she was so laid back...) Mrs. (so and so) is it pronounced SANDWICH or SAMWICH?
Teacher: Sandwich...
Me: hahaahahahaha! Told yoU!!!

I was just thinking how sad/funny it is that because he was so cute and smart I second guessed myself for half a second. Oh well, I was right! No wonder we never dated! LOL.

No comments: