Too bad too much rain is not good. And I am grateful I don't have to drive in it... and I pray all that do are safe (especially David!).
But when we moved to Texas it was sooo much fun playing in the rain because it wasn't freezing cold. It felt soooo good. We used to go jogging in the rain... keep in mind I was 16 haha, not too cool to jog in the rain. We (brothers and sisters) would run to the neighborhood park that was guaranteed to be empty and slide down extra slippery slides, splash in puddles and swing on the swings.
So naturally I let my kids play in it as well. David is actually okay with it...only because I have them use umbrellas...and sometimes rain boots...hehe... I just need to buy a bigger pair for Liam and pass his on to Violet.
I have them use umbrellas because I remember being fascinated with umbrellas when I was a kid, and always kind of sad when it rained and I didn't have one. NOW, now I can't stand using an umbrella...It is soooo cumbersome to me... especially trying to load in kids and sometimes groceries while attempting to wield an umbrella effectively...not fun... and NEVER effective (for me anyway).
The kids LOVE them, and they love splashing in the rain with their boots. I love how hard Texas rain can come down. You can be standing there with your umbrellas and it's like you are under a waterfall. You can sing and scream and your voice gets muffled by the downpour so it's not loud for anyone else. And the next time it 'safely' floods the streets I think I'm going to take a page from my mom and sister mo's book and get out an air mattress...or pool float... or canoe if you have one...to float down the street on. If you live in Texas, I think, you should attempt it at least once in your life.
1 comment:
lol i hope i get out there and play more when it rains. the canoeing in a pool sounds like fun...
Post a Comment