Sunday, January 16, 2011

Home Spa Day

Last night I got together with my mom and sisters Kileen and Laura, who are in town visiting, for a home made spa day. We didn't get any pictures... nobody wanted their pictures taken.

When I left the house to go to the party, David says "are you going like that?" I guess because I was in my jammie jams and a robe. What better way to enjoy spa day?

We had a ton of fun. Lots of laughing and sharing stories. Laura recalled a time (we were about 18-20 years old) and she and I went into a beauty supply store to buy wax to wax off the hair on our upper lip. I saw a product called "Mustache Wax" I thought that was what we needed, Laura didn't contest. We bought strips of material and calming lotion. The sales lady didn't say a word. We got home and applied the mustache wax to the strips and put them on our upper lip. The strips just fell off. Upon closer inspection I saw that this was indeed mustache wax. You know, the kind of wax a villian tying you to a railroad twists into his mustache. That story had my mom in tears.

My mom shared a story that I found really humorous. They keep their cat box in their laundry room, but they used to keep it in their bathroom. One day the cat did his business right before they went to bed. My mom says to the cat "Did you just poop in the bathroom!?!" My dad thought she was talking to him, he says "Where am I supposed to go?" My mom fell on the bed laughing. And I laughed my head off when I heard it.

It was quite a lovely evening. We had foot baths, foot massage, foot scrub, lotion on feet wrapped in plastic wrap. We had a facial steam (I don't know the term) with some sort of essential oils inside, homemade pore strips (made from Gelatin and milk), a cucumber face mask, pumpkin face mask. Then Laura waxed the hair off of our upper lip (she had eventually learned how, I didn't), teabags for our eyes, we paraffin waxed our hands (I also did my feet), then toners, face creams and lotions.

Laura and my mom had us pause before the face stuff to enjoy a lovely refreshment of hot cocoa and toaster strudel.

It was really a lovely time. Lisa, wish you were there girl!

No comments: