Friday, March 9, 2012

Liam Lost His First Tooth!



Yesterday (Thursday the 8th) Liam said to me "Mom, my tooth hurts". He had told me this a few weeks ago and I just told him to go brush his teeth (ace mothering right there). When he said it yesterday I thought, hmmm maybe I should look at his teeth to make sure everything is okay. I said "Which tooth hurts?" and he pointed to his bottom right front tooth. His first tooth that came in as a baby. It looked a little askew so I reached in and touched it. It was loose! I got so excited! I wasn't expecting this to happen for another year!

Liam was very excited too. Suddenly the hurt tooth didn't bother him so much as he wiggled it and wiggled it with his tongue (remember doing that?). I quickly set about making him that little tooth bear. The hand stitching is super sloppy, but I still like it.

This morning while Liam was eating his oatmeal he swallowed his loose tooth. He came up to me and said "Mom, is my tooth gone?" haha. In it's place I already see a new tooth emerging. I guess we don't really need the tooth bear after all. Oh well, the tooth fairy can leave the money in it's pocket still... tell him she got the tooth out of his belly (that shouldn't scare him, right)?

No comments: