Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tooting Accusations

Soooo I was in church today with the kids. Liam was on my right, Violet was on my left with her head in my lap. Suddenly Violet raises her head, looks at me and loudly, very loudly, states "YOU TOOTED!"... in case you don't know or can't guess it, tooting is our families word for passing gas. Funny side story, there is a song they play on Sprout where they say "The train says tooty toot" and my kids think it's the funniest line in a song they've ever heard and will crack up hysterically every time they hear it. Back to the accusation. I promise, I did NOT toot... if I had, I would either admit it or not blog about this at all. This is one of those situations where anyone around me is just going to believe the child who was laying with her head in my lap. I shake my head no at her and quietly say "no, I did not". She practically yells "YES YOU DID I HEARD YOU!". I'm sure if I was the type to turn red when embarrassed I would have been bright red. I again, quietly, say "No, I did not". I know, childish of me, but I hate being accused of something I did not do. Still very loud she says "THEN WHAT DID I HEAR?". I happen to know exactly what she heard. Liam next to me was flipping through a hymn book at that moment and it made a sort of flop flop flop sound. I quietly try to explain to her that the flipping sound is probably what she heard, I can't remember exactly if I thought of recreating the flipping sound or if I actually did show her. Either way she looked at me skeptically but didn't say anymore. I think of how defensive I probably sounded to anyone who was paying attention... the old "blame it on some other random noise and then try to recreate that noise only to have it not make the same noise it originally made" routine. You know what I'm talkin' about?

1 comment:

the Smiths said...

oh MAN. I would not be able to stay calm.