Friday, June 22, 2012
uggggg
Why did I think it would be a good idea to take a walk to the little neighborhood park this morning??? SOOOOOOOOOoooooo HOT and humid! Violet barely made it home... I think she was ready to sit down and not walk any further. And I couldn't carry her because I brought Drakes huge stroller... which Liam couldn't push because the dang sidewalks are jacked up. But at least we have sidewalks, and a neighborhood park to complain about... I know I know.
We get to the park and Liam wants me to play with him but I don't want to leave Drake alone and I don't really want to play in this heat. So Liam thinks it's a pretty boring trip. Violet slides down a slide that was wet from yesterdays rain. Her bum gets soaked. She starts to cry and takes off her shorts. I say "Violet, put your shorts back on!" she's crying "but they're wet!" I tell her "I don't want men to see you in your underwear, your shorts will dry!" now she falls in her underwear on the bark mulch and one of her shoes comes off when she takes her shorts off so now she is also getting bark mulch on her sock. I tell her to come to me but she is just crying. Finally after a little bit of yelling she comes to me so I can pull off the bark mulch and help her put her shorts and shoe back on. Of COURSE she knows how to put it back and wants to do it.
Now we are home. I am all sweaty and need another shower. Texas summers are meant to be spent indoors I think. I really really really wish we could live in a cooler climate... maybe someday we can get a cabin in the mountains of a colder state to visit in the summer time. *wishful thinking*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment