Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sweet Liam

Yesterday I was upset. I wanted to do SOMETHING as a family while David is on vacation. It is vacation time he took without warning because he needed to use up his vacation time (it would be great if we would actually plan for it). First I wanted to go to Dewberry Farm... but soon found out Dewberry Farm is only opened on the weekend, and Saturday we were planning on celebrating our anniversary which is on Monday, October 1st. Then I learned the Ballunar Festival is happening this Friday and Saturday (I love hot air balloons). Friday night being the "Balloon Glow" where all the big balloons light up. So I decided we would take the kids to that. Not asking a lot, right? About an hour before we were to leave David said he wasn't feeling well... nothing specific, just not feeling well. So we don't go. I just burst into tears... I know that sounds overly dramatic, but seriously why does it have to be so HARD to spend time together? We did soooo little this past summer. There are campouts we've been invited too, but David hates camping. Forgive me for venting about my husband, I know that's on the list of things a couple who never wishes to divorce should do... it's just so frustrating and leads up to the point of this post, something I don't want to forget. Not only was I crying, but I was yelling out how we never do anything, and I might have yelled out that if he can't do anything just because he thinks he has a cold coming on that if he (heaven forbid) ever got a chronic illness he would probably just lay in bed day after day until he died... I know, I know... not the nicest thing to say, especially in earshot of our children...

My sweet little Liam. He sees me upset and I over hear him go and have a talk with his dad. He tells David that I'm upset and that he (David) shouldn't make me upset and goes on to lecture him on how it's important for us to spend time together.

A few minutes later Liam comes to me and he's written me a letter:

It says: To Mommy, I have known you for four years now and I hope that you can spend time together (with dad). Love, Liam.

After saying thank you I told him we've actually known each other for nearly 6 years, but I guess he just doesn't remember the first two years :)

He gave me a hug and kiss and said he wants me to be happy. He is such a sweet boy.





No comments: