Liam told me the other day "Mom, if a bad guy tries to kill us, we should tell him 'Stop, if you kill me you will be unhappy but I will be okay, I'll be happy and with Jesus again, but you will have done something really bad and it will not make you happy' ".
I love when he takes something he is taught, thinks about it, and tells me in a different way how it makes sense to him.
His other thoughts he has shared with me (that I can recall, he has lots of thoughts) are the following:
- Mom, I'm grateful for my life and our home and my family. I'm really happy.
- He said a prayer in primary class at church a little while back... we had gotten a lot of new people at church and at the end of his prayer he said "Help us to be responsible and love each other."
- Mom, toys are not important. People are important. I have three dollars I can give to someone who needs it.
- Violet was sad because a little girl at school doesn't play with her anymore, this friend plays with another girl now, unless the other girl is absent... I told Violet I hope she never shuts other friends out because she has new friends but invites them to play too because she knows what it feels like to be left out. Then Liam said "Violet, do you know that I am your friend?" and he gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
No comments:
Post a Comment