Thursday, November 14, 2013

Soft Boiled Egg!

Just recently discovered that I have been cooking and eating soft boiled eggs wrong. I was watching Master Chef Junior... and they challenged the kids to make a perfect soft boiled egg in one of the challenges. Chef Ramsey showed them how it should look... what I didn't know... and now that I do know, I realize how dumb it is that I didn't figure it out... is the white of the egg should also be edible... haha. I was making it where the whites were a little runny... just a little but enough to make me not eat them and I've never seen anyone eat them, I just dipped toast in the yolk and ate that... though probably anyone who reads this and eats them will be thinking "duh". Apparently you are supposed to be able to scoop out the egg and eat all of it. I rarely make soft boiled eggs because I hated wasting the whites. So I looked up a recipe on how to make it perfect. And I did! I boiled the water, placed the egg in for 6 minutes, ran it under cold water when I was done and it came out perfect. I ate the whole thing.
The finished product.

little gadget for cooking soft boiled eggs... inherited from David's granny. It sits nicely in the pot and the handle doesn't get too hot to pull out.

No comments: