Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Liam Update: 2 Years, 7 Months

Liam has been pretty sweet this past month. Listening AND obeying when I ask him to do something like 'pick that up and throw it away please'.

He's been swinging on my treadmill handles like a little monkey...probably because we haven't been to the park in a while, poor guy. He'll say "hey mommy, look at me" and I laugh and say "are you my little monkey?" and he says "No, I Liam". If I am doing something with Violet, let's say, taking her picture...or attempting to with my camera phone. After a while Liam will say "Liam's turn".

His sentences are expanding. The other day we were sitting on my bed, I was changing Violet's clothes and Liam climbs up and says "Oh Mommy, be careful, I don't want you to fall and hurt yourself". Probably the longest, most coherent sentences I've heard yet. It's funny though because I hear him very clearly, however, when I hear him speaking around other people and see their lack of understanding...I realize he may not speak as clearly as I think he does.

I regrettably confess since he got sick for about a week this past month, I let him watch t.v. all day during that sick week...or nearly all day. Now we have the t.v. on much more then usual. He LOVES SpongeBob SquarePants, he was pronouncing it "Ketchob Sqireants", that one took me a while to realize what he was saying...now he says it more slowly so I understand him...now he says "Spatch Ob Square Pants" much better, at least I understand the last part.

These lazy t.v. days tend to happen to me when it gets hot outside...and it's not even summer yet! So my goal is to come up with daily activities for the kids...and get the pool set up outside. We do go out once a day to water the tomatoes and flowers, trees and bushes. But we don't spend a lot of time, and today Violet turned red because she was getting overheated. I took her inside and took off her clothes and dabbed her neck and cheeks with cool water. Liam meanwhile, to cool down, layed in the puddle of water that was on the flagstone.

WE just started back with the potty training...just in the last few days. So I'll report more on that next month...bet you can hardly wait ;)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LOL I am holding it until I hear the latest.

I hear ya it's hard to get out with two. Makes me a lot happier to at least get a walk or do something cool( temperature wise or fun).