Friday, September 4, 2009

Christmas Shopping!

I have been researching sandboxes for about a year now. My kids love playing outside in the backyard but there isn't a whole lot to do out there. They'll help me garden, but in the Summer I don't feel like gardening. I don't want to invest a whole lot into a swing/slide area because
A) The good ones are expensive
B) Kids don't like them after a few years = not worth it.

So they will probably get sick of a sandbox after a few years too...but at least I won't lose as much mula...and it won't be as hard to get rid of.

What finally convinced me is the last few days when the kids go outside, they sit in the dirt...which has mulch and crap in it, and dig and roll around in it and eat it.

I found a site about how to take care of a sandbox, what is safe etc. I feel prepared. I have a cover for it, I purchased the expensive real sand that is cleaned but isn't chemically treated and clearly states that is safe for sandboxes. I plan on raking it before playtime to check if an animal has slipped past the cover and used it as a toilet.

This is the sandbox I bought. So cute isn't it? The front part holds the toys and crap...and I love the sun shade.

Now where to put it... I was going to put it by the side of the garage in the backyard, it would be perfect, but then I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on them. So for now (well in December) it will have to be where I can see them from the kitchen.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

"toys and crap"

LOL! Love your choice of words. (I'd probably use the same)

christa elyce said...

i loved the toys and crap saying too. i laughed!

That thing is the coolest! i want one. i'll be dropping Winter off at your house for play time! lol!

d e e said...

Yeah Christa drop her off to play, she's a sweet girl!

Lisa said...

Good one! Sand box is a good idea!

I think in David's "spare time" he should build Violet a doll house and you can decorate it. You know, one of those huge ones she can play in.