Today Liam fell asleep on the couch and I had some time to spend with my beautiful daughter. We went to her room and I started stacking some peek-a-boo blocks. Usually she will just knock them down but today she helped me stack. Then she grabbed several blocks and started to stack them on her own! This was the first time she's done this. She grabbed the W block that has a watermelon and loose seeds inside, when she heard the rattle of the seeds, she looked at the block and became very curious about what was inside. She started to pick up the other blocks to explore their contents. I always tried to get Liam to see inside, but he was always more interested in the letter on the outside of the block, so it was fun to see her reaction to the treasure inside each one.
After blocks we journeyed to the dining room where she found a red ball. I asked her to throw it to me, she did, and so began a game of 'catch and throw'. She started dancing by way of wiggling her body and alternating between rounding her shoulders and straighting them, she seemed so happy to have play time with just me. I love how she plays and how different her approach to toys usually is then her brother. Because I got to spend some one on one with her, she made some new advances that she has been waiting to do it seems.
Earlier today she picked up a small toy truck and started driving it along the coffee table. And this morning she found a small playmobil boy and hugged it. Right now, no thanks to the late naps, she is chasing Liam around the house and they are both laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment