I mentioned on facebook not too long ago, how one night I couldn't take any more whining or fussing after dealing with it all day as both kids were not feeling well... I reacted quite dramatically. I was trying to do Liam's bedtime routine and was singing a song to him to which he frowned and said "eeehehehhhhhargggh" then pointing and saying "eh eh eh eh eh". Not using words but grunts, groans and whines.
I wanted to avoid snapping at him so instead I began jumping up and down and pulling at my hair like a fool. When I collapsed on his bed. Then covered my hands over my eyes and said aloud "oh my gosh, you are going to grow up thinking your mommy is crazy". Liam responded so calmly and so sweetly "you're not crazy, you're just mommy". I smiled and kissed him and thanked him. After that we both got through the routine calmly.
Then yesterday... I had woken up at 8:06 a.m. The babies wake up at 6:30 a.m. everyday. I awoke to Liam kicking his door saying "mommy, mommy, mommy", while Violet was crying her little heart out. I have no idea how long they had been doing this. I felt so bad! I was sick and couldn't sleep the night before, everytime I laid down I would get a tickle in my throat that would make me cough until I would almost vomit (a side effect to throwing up while pregnant...senstive gag reflex) or the minute I fell asleep I would awake to my eyes watering and running down my face. So I had stayed up until 3 a.m. Until I was so exhausted that no tickle in my throat or watering eyes could wake me up.
When David leaves for work, he gives me a kiss. I get up and shower, then lay on the couch until the kids wake up, at around 6:30 like I said. But I was so tired that I barely remember David kissing me goodbye and I promptly fell back asleep.
I opened their doors and just start apologizing. "Oh you guys I'm so sorry! I didn't hear you!" and I felt so bad I kept saying it. After the third time Liam says "Mommy it's okay! We're fine! Don't worry about it!". Wow. That sentence from my nearly three year old was so wonderful to hear. He is so thoughtful.
Liam also thanks me all the time! I help him with the littlest thing and he says "oh mommy, thank you!" or "oh mommy, thank you for playing with me"...or some such sentence. He is so appreciative, I love him so.
1 comment:
awww Diane! i love this story. Liam is wise beyond years.
Post a Comment