Sunday, October 18, 2009

A List of Things to Tick Off.

I have so many things to share, about our vacation, updates on the kids, funny things they do and say... but sitting down to write it out, well all I can think about is how long it will take me and the things I might forget...meanwhile I remember them less and less... plus I should be using this time to get the other things off of my plate.

I am starting to feel overwhelmed again (not hard to do, which is why I couldn't hack it as a waitress for more then nine months). I think about the things I need to get done all day and stress about it all NIGHT, I need to write it out and get the list off of my mind. The reason I stress out is with two young children and a house to maintain, never ending laundry, yard work and always cleaning... I barely get one thing checked off before two more things make their way to the list. I am not special, this happens to just about everyone of us... my point is, I just need to write this list out.

I make my list here, more for me then anyone else...no particular order.

1. Finish making the kids Halloween Costumes.
2. Family Home Evening lesson #2.
3. Phone calls: Kileen, Deanna, Laura, Ines, a Plumber.
4. 'home/pre' school lesson on Wednesday, make feathers for turkey cards, outline for lesson/activity.
5. Dones Design (me and my friend Nubia's design company fyi), rewrite work contract for Napolis, and work on their stuff and our website.
6. email Rachel, I missed her house warming. :(
7. FINISH illustration #1 (of 17?)for Janice already! (It's almost done, I just need to finish it!).
8. Work on the other 16 illustrations, finish before Christmas.
9. November 'home/pre' school lesson.
10. Design Scribblerart.com website (my art website).
11. buy baby gift for Nubia's babyshower... maybe crochet a blanket too...maybe.
12. prepare for Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year, yay!
13. write blog posts about kids, vacation etc.
14. Christmas shopping for nieces and nephews.
15. paint the hallway...buy that paint with primer already in it this time.
16. finish tree/seasons page for the activity book I'm making for the kids and move on to the next page idea.
17. Plant my Fall garden.
18. Finish filling my garden box and plant herbs or whatever will grow in there.
19. Plant and hang ivy... and buy a bigger planter for my Jasmine.
20. Create a design then glue mosaic tiles to my outdoor table.
21. Need new cell phones.
22. Clean and Organize my bedroom! Gosh we've been here for a year and a half already.
23. Put a 72 hour kit together for my family.
24. Start a food storage supply for my family.

and of course the usual daily; clean house, laundry, cook, love, teach and play with my children.

And to make myself feel better...here is one thing that was on my list today that I finished: Felt pieces of things I am thankful for, for home/pre school lesson (CHECK)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who lays awake at night thinking about all the things I need to do!

I hope you are doing ok!