Today i decided To create a new routine For the kids. Forgive any spelling errors... any errors for that matter. I am blogging from my phone today. With the Kids being sick On and off for the past few months We've developed some bad tv Habits... Meaning we watch 3 or 4 hours a day. That is embarrassing to admit. Sometimes liam gets computer time as well. I'm ready to break the cycle. This morning i had Liam help me Write a list, As he begged me to Turn the tv back on.
First we listed 2 tv shows he like the most. He picked Umizoomi And spongebob squarepants. Will start by cutting back to 1 hour of tv a day. Then we listed outside play And he helped me think of things we can do outside. Picnics, bird watching, ride bike, sandbox, soccer, sidewalk chalk, and most importantly... gardening. Gardening includes Digging and planting, pulling weeds, watering plants, and pest control... later harvesting ( hopefully). i'm figuring 3 hours of outside play a day.
Reading 1 hour a day, writing letters and numbers one hour a day... Violet Can draw. Science or math times 30 minutes a day... Counting or doing experiments. 1 new activity From our toddler busy book. Project craft time 1 to 2 hours a day
Dancing for 30 minutes. Computer time 1 hour a day. Cleaning time , i'm going to make A job jar That they can pick 1 job a day from... Plus pickup toys. And of course eating, Bath time, And bedtime routine.
Friday night will be family home evening. And twice a week we'll have joy school. I'm excited about this. To make sure i do it, I'll try to update once a week.
2 comments:
sounds good! I need to cut down Aurora's TV time.
Yeah for good weather so we CAN go out and play! You're welcome to come and visit us - add that to your list! Sorry about the pink eye! I hope it goes away soon!
Post a Comment