Thursday, December 16, 2010

Adventures at the Grocery Store

Ugh I feel physically and mentally exhausted from dealing with the worst tantrum Violet has thrown yet. She is now kicking the wall in her room but at least she is not screaming or scratching and hitting my face. All over some stupid freakin' stickers.

My mood all began in the check-out line. Not bad considering I got that far and all was well. I had picked up a boneless spiral cut ham in the MEAT department and when the cashier tried to ring it up it had no price on it...and bar code did nothing. Okay. The cashier says "You must have picked this up in the Deli department" I say "No no I got it in a large bin along the meat department". She has the sacker go check the price. The lady moved like a snail. I don't really care that she was slow (even though when I was a checker I would RUN to find price checks...but if it's a department item you can call the department it came from...whatever) but like I was saying, it's not that I mind she went slowly to check... I don't like that the lady in the smart cart next in line is giving me the stink eye while I hold up the line (I may be exaggerating a bit here).

She FINALLY returns but she is coming from the deli department. The cashier says "It must have been from the deli department". THIS ANNOYS ME. I don't like the insinuation that either I'm lying or I'm forgetful. So I say "NO, I'm not crazy, first of all I didn't even go over to the deli department AND there is a whole bin of boneless hams next to the bone-in hams in the MEAT DEPARTMENT". She says "Oh someone must have set it there"... UGHHHHH! "NO, there are a lot of them". The sacker comes back with a random deli meat sticker with the price of $30.56. This sounds correct for a ham but I am already annoyed at these stupid insinuations... I mean why is the stupid checker insisting that someone other than the STORE did something wrong??? Why is she saying anything about it at all? So when the checker says "It's $30, do you still want it?" I suddenly DON'T want to buy a $30 ham from these people. SO I say "NO I DON'T" I pay for my other groceries and start to leave. A manager or someone comes by and the stupid checker says "I think these hams are in the wrong place" and the 'manager' says "no Deli has some hams in the meat department next to the bone-in hams" so the checker says "well they must be priced wrong", did I complain about the price??? NOPE. I didn't. And the manager says in this smug voice "well ham is expensive". OOOHH my gosh. NO kidding ham is expensive! AND she says "It must have a been a boars head". I should have said "it's not the price it's the way ya'll are dealing with it". BUT no I say "NO it's not a boars head". So the checker tells her what brand it is. I say "I don't care, I don't care, I don't want it". Whatever. I might call and complain to someone who doesn't care but has to listen.

THEN Violet starts flipping out because they put the groceries in a different cart and not the car cart we were using. She wasn't even sitting in it anymore. I didn't warn her this was happening so she starts crying that we need the other cart. So, still annoyed about the ham and not wanting to deal with the impending tantrum... I pick Violet up and push the cart out. She flips out. And somewhere along the way she drops the stickers the checker gave to her. I hate these stickers. Some cashier gave them to her a few times and now she expects them every time we go to the store. She does ask nicely for them though. Well she drops them. And I don't realize it until it's too late we are at the car. Now Violet is screaming "MY STICKERS I NEED MY STICKERS" while hitting and scratching at my face. She REFUSES to get in her seat. She needs her stickers. But I am not about to give in to her because of her behavior. That's when you especially can't give in. Got to send out the Tantrums don't let you have your way message. But Oh my. My stomach hurts now from all the kicking and hitting. I even started to cry on the way home.

I don't think I'm going back to that particular store ever again. Good thing it's not a regular one I use.

No comments: