I could write pages and pages about how God answers prayers. But I'll just stick with a simple story that happened yesterday and today. Yesterday I was getting the kids in the car to take Liam to school. The car was in the garage. The garage door would not open. It would start to lift up then stop and go back down. I didn't know what to do. I remember my brother mentioned last year that the cold air causes the automatic garage door opener to fail. I tried lifting the door open manually but it just wouldn't budge.
I found this a good opportunity to show the kids with prayer and faith God will answer our prayers. So I had Liam and Violet fold their arms and bow their heads while I prayed for a way to get the garage door open so Liam could get to school.
After I prayed I felt inspired to pull this rope thingy hanging from the automatic door opener chain that pulls the garage open. I've never taken notice of this rope, I know I wouldn't have thought to pull it on my own. When I pulled it, the rope detached the garage door from the automatic chain thing and I could then lift the door open manually. After we solved the problem we prayed again giving Heavenly Father our thanks for answering our prayer.
I wasn't sure the kids would fully remember...and Violet might not... and Liam might not in the years to come. But I do hope that they learn that God answers prayers.
Today we put together a large 500 piece puzzle (okay I did most of the work) when I finished I couldn't find one piece. Liam chimes in "I know mom, let's pray to Heavenly Father that Jesus finds the piece for us". He immediately bowed his head and said a prayer to find the missing piece. I thought it was cute. I wasn't sure the piece would be found. I didn't let myself have faith... I don't know why... but Liam sure did. About 15 minutes later I walk by the puzzle and I see that it is whole. I exclaimed "LIAM! Who found the missing piece???" he said "I did" I say "LIAM, you prayed and Heavenly Father answered your prayer and helped you find the piece" He smiled and nodded and gave me a big hug. I love that he taught me about faith while I was busy trying to teach him.
You might not think God has time to answer such little, seemingly insignificant, prayers. But I know He does. I don't know everything but I think He bothers answering such small prayers because it helps us build our faith in Him, and it can remind us that He loves us beyond measure. I know I love my children so much and I help them with seemingly insignificant tasks daily, why wouldn't God, who sent His only begotten Son to die for us, help us daily as well if we ask Him? If we take the time to let the Lord into our lives and thank Him daily, when we need Him, He will be there for us because we will have the required Faith in Jesus Christ to let His hand into our lives. This is what I hope to instill in my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment