Monday, September 5, 2011

3rd Pregnancy Adventures

I've been both complaining and grateful for different things during this pregnancy. Thought I'd make a list.


Good Things:


1) Haven't been sick with a bad cold. I've had small colds that haven't caused any real discomfort. I recall being sick with bad colds with both previous pregnancies... not once but for months at a time (catching different colds no doubt).

2) David has been a good support through all pregnancies, but he's been the best, most attentive, most likely to run out to buy me some food, most helpful with the kids, most patient with my mood swings during this pregnancy than ever before. Most likely to clean up a bit around the house, feed the kids, bathe them, do laundry than ever before. I am very grateful for this.

3) 1st pregnancy I have lived in a home and not a small cramped apartment. Makes life easier... especially with two young children. Plus I have my own special room :)

4) I really like my new doctor. He listens to my concerns and never rushes through my appointment.

5) My sciatic nerve hasn't acted up quite as often as it did when I was pregnant with Violet.

6) kids are in school giving me time 3 days a week, four hours a day, to nap or grocery shop or clean.

7) David bought me a deep freezer. We just got it Friday. Can't wait to prepare sauces, meats, meals, soups to help me out after the baby is born.

8) My face has never been more clear during a pregnancy.

9) Haven't experienced any headaches or migraines.

10) Both kids are potty trained. I don't have to struggle to the floor and back up changing diapers. And after baby is born, I'll only have the baby's diaper to worry about.

11) Both kids are at an age where they can play together without needing me to run around and play too (though they do love it when I do).

12) Both kids are improving at helping me clean up (Violet still struggles a little)

13) Both kids are excited about the new baby and kiss my belly everyday and talk to their baby brother. Every time they see a baby they say "aww, look mom, a baby!" or they go up to the baby and hug and kiss the baby on the head... probably annoys the mama but I make sure they know not to touch the baby's face with their hands... and I wouldn't allow it if they had any sign of a cold.

14) Liam frequently offers to bring me water.

15) I tend to look better pregnant because my big stomach now has a reason to be big... plus all that floppy stretched out skin from previous pregnancies, is now nice and tight.

16) Haven't put on too much weight. 31 weeks and 12 lbs total thus far. Hope to not gain more than 25.


Not such Good Things:


1) Had the worst morning sickness I've ever had. 5 months, all day, every day and no remedies worked. I also went to the ER for dehydration. BUT at least I don't have an out of the home job where I had to get sick at. And I'm very grateful it didn't last any longer than it did. And I lost some weight in the beginning, which is good when you are starting out overweight.

2) Legs got swollen/fat right away

3) Had to buy new maternity clothes, previous ones were too small :(

4) Breasts are bigger and saggier than ever :( ironically they appear smaller next to my belly.

5) Have this numbing sensation in my hands constantly and now in one spot on my back next to my spine. Glad it's not painful, but it worries me... probably just pressed nerves.

6) More BH contractions than in previous pregnancies (or at least ones that I am very aware of)

7) Can't stand up or walk long outside without feeling dizzy and lightheaded... may be this Texas drought/summer heat though.

8) I am pretty sure I have a freakin' hernia right above my belly button. Need to ask the doctor on Friday.

9) I seemed to have crushed something in my knees while attempting to get up from off the floor after cleaning. Hurts every time I attempt to kneel now.

10) Wake up every HOUR at night to pee. Rarely when two or occasionally three hours pass without waking up, I am so happy.

There you have it. Definitely more reasons to be grateful than to not be grateful. And of course I am grateful to have this experience in the first place. Pregnancy might not be the easiest thing, but all these problems are so temporary and definitely worth it after you hold that precious baby.

1 comment:

Monika said...

LOL this post made me laugh, and I'm guessing it will make you laugh in the future!! Lol That's how my pregnancies were...the nausea and sickies and losing weight for the first 6 months. could be worse though right? Anyway, IT'S NOT RIGHT!! ugh. glad that's over with!! you are funny though!