Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sewing Adventures

I've been trying to learn to sew again. I took classes in the 7th grade... and my mom (who is amazing at sewing) has shown me a few tips and tricks, that I've managed to remember.

Currently I am working on making pajama bottoms for the family for our Christmas Eve tradition of opening one gift which are always Christmas pj's, really exciting for the kids, lol. The goal is to have everyone wake up in Christmas pj's on Christmas morning. I also used a cheater pattern to sew a Christmas book. I'll post pictures of these projects when they are completed.

You see, David promised I could buy a Bernina after his bonus this year... but he's not going to want to buy me one, if I never sew on the machine I have. My thought is; Bernina's are so well made, they are actually better for beginners :) because you don't get the thread jamming up, they have better alignment :) I don't know. I just want one... it's like the Cadillac of sewing machines.

Today I sewed some pillow cases. Yeah, I know. How easy can you get right? I needed pillow cases for my Sobakawa Cloud Pillows. I have two of them. Best pillows ever. Since I started using them early in the year, I no longer have neck problems. But they only come with one pillow case, and I can't find anywhere you can buy more of them. So I decided to sew up a few. Especially since I plan on bringing them with me to the hospital when I have the baby.

They turned out just fine. I bought two yards of materials and got 4 pillow cases out of it. Liam wanted to model one of them.

No comments: