Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day Tea

Had a lovely weekend including a special Valentine's Tea hosted by my sweet friend, Lisa. She invited both me and my sister Kileen... we share a love of these simple pleasures of life. Good company, flowing conversation (where we don't get everything said even in the space of four hours), delicious food, precious detailed decor, delightful Jane Austen music filling in the background. Lisa has quite an eye for details, this is for sure. Though sometimes I steal her lovely ideas, I hope she doesn't stop filling me in on the treasures she finds, and has quite an eye for.



Yummy food: Lisa's delicious quiche, pimento sandwiches (I never liked pimento until that day... she had pimento with REAL cheese... it was very good!), chicken salad , with passion fruit tea. Sweets included, scones with jam and creme fraiche, homemade brownies cut out like hearts, and macarons.

Baby Lorna ready for the tea

Lovely ladies


Loved everything


Wonderful hostess, cutting the perfect brownies in heart shapes. Thanks again, Lisa!

No comments: