I was so happy this spring break. David, without me suggesting or even hinting, took his vacation so that we could all be together. We wanted the kids to have a fun break.
Monday I excitedly called everyone together for a wonderful day out... GROCERY SHOPPING... hahaha. We were out for FOUR hours shopping... not just grocery but some clothes and household items. They didn't think it was that fun... and we were all quite grumpy by the end of the day.
Tuesday we took the kids on a picnic in the park. It was a beautiful day. We even played a little softball with Liam.

Wednesday was the big surprise. We secretly packed for the kids and ourselves and made reservations to a hotel (a little under 2 hours away) that had an indoor pool. We both recalled from our family vacations that the best part was staying in a hotel somewhere and swimming in the pool. David and I both dislike crowded spaces... so we picked an area that we knew wouldn't be crazy busy with spring breakers. We also made sure it had one thing we could do together outside of the hotel... this was the shangri la botanical gardens. The kids were very excited when we got in the car (they still didn't see the suitcases). Violet got a little irritated when she saw on the GPS how long we were going to be driving... but otherwise the kids were great. They were soooo happy when they saw we were staying in a hotel and that they would get to swim in the pool. We ordered some pizza and then went swimming after we checked in. Drake was very nervous about the water but was soon having fun in his floaty... as long as he could hold mine or David's hand. That night was probably one of the top worst nights sleeps I've ever had... the kids are getting over a cold and coughed quite a bit that night. David didn't sleep well either.
Thursday, we went down for breakfast, then spent a good part of the morning watching tv and playing games. Around 11:30 we headed down to the car. First for some cough drops, cough medicine, ear plugs etc. Then out to lunch at Novrosky's. I thought their burgers were very tasty... Drake didn't eat anything. The gardens were lovely but not really spectacular. It was still a nice a day out. The kids loved it, especially Violet I think. David bought everyone some ice cream... Drake is lactose intolerant so he got a push-up. Then he bought everyone a souvenir. Drake was getting very grumpy... so when we got back to the hotel I suggested David take Liam and Violet to the pool while Drake takes a nap and I will stay there with him. That worked nicely. We didn't feel like going out for dinner so we ordered more pizza and pasta. I slept better that night and so did the kids, but David still didn't... one really appreciate's their comfortable bed when they are not sleeping in it.
Friday morning we got a little bit of food from downstairs to hold us over but wanted to take the kids out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel on the way home. This would have worked nicely but Drake was in such a bad mood (so I'm thinking he didn't sleep well). When we got home he took a four hour nap!
The kids say it was a fun spring break.
 |
| David driving. So handsome |
 |
| Drake pulled Liam to him to give him a hug. Sweetness. |
 |
| Violet and Liam acting kooky... still had no idea where we were going. |
 |
| Drake and I the morning after we first go there. Note how tired I look. |
 |
| That morning Violet found a pen and drew on a little mustache and goatee... the "black shadow" finds a new disguise |
 |
| This little area smelled soooo heavenly. I wish I had a place like that, I would sit and breathe in it every single day. |
 |
| Along the walk. I don't know what they were looking at. |
 |
| The kids are ahead next to David, squatting down looking at a water pipe. Drake trails behind. I was taking pictures. |
 |
| Now Drake inspects the water pipe. |
 |
| In the kids garden area, cute sensory garden... I'm sure it is even nicer in late Spring |
 |
| Peter Rabbit inspired garden |
 |
| Each garden box had it's own name... Dr. Seuss garden, Italian garden etc |
 |
| Had many bird species especially Heron's. |
 |
| This was pretty... still under 'construction'... obviously dyed water. |
 |
| More scenery |
 |
| Ice cream time |
 |
| lovely day |
 |
| Liam wanted this little root viewing garden... it will grow a carrot, onion, and radish. |
 |
| David picked out this mug for me :) |
 |
| Violet picked out a little planter that plants flowers that attract butterflies and garden friendly bugs...she way over watered it though, hoping they still grow. |
No comments:
Post a Comment