Just kidding. Well kidding about the extra corny title.
I am feeling a surge of love for David lately. I don't really know why. I don't think it's just because it is Valentines Day. I just look at him and I love him so much more everyday. Sounds trite. And to be honest, when I hear a person go on and on about how in love they are, I always wonder if they are actually trying to hide something. Except, if you know me, you know I'm an open book. And I'll tell you anything you want to know about me and my life...heck, I'll tell you even if you DON'T want to know ;)
Right now I want to talk about David.
Let me make a list:
1)Smart. Smart is sooo hot to me... well as long as you aren't making me feel inferior because you are smarter than me, which David doesn't.
2)Hot bod. I know any readers reading this probably stopped reading by now lol. David has very defined muscular legs and behind. Probably because he paces around constantly, especially when he is on the phone. He was very thin when I met him but he has put on over 20 lbs. since I met him, so he looks better than ever.
3)He still makes me feel beautiful (even though I am also 20 lbs heavier).
4)He respects my beliefs. But not only respects, he is supportive. For example: Sunday his father or brother called to invite us out to dinner. Which is so nice and I love his family very much. However I take the commandment to "remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" to mean the whole day. I also believe what it says in Deuteronomy 5:14 "But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou." Also says this in Exodus 20:10. I personally (not judging others because I am FAR from doing everything perfect, just explaining myself here) take this to mean that going to dinner and causing someone to wait on me, or the movies or the grocery store etc. breaks that Commandment of causing the "stranger within my gate" to work. One can justify this however they want, this is just what I happen to believe. It's not always easy. But David knows how I feel about this, he doesn't question it, he doesn't try to get me to break the Commandment, he himself doesn't break the Commandment. So without checking with me first, he explains that "we" don't go out on Sunday. That kind of support makes me so happy.
5)He goes to Church with our family
6)He encourages our children to pray
7)He teaches our children
8)He plays with our children
9)He works hard.
10) He supports my being a stay-at-home-mom.
11)The first few years of our marriage, it was sooo hard to get David to go out to do anything. Now he's up for (almost) whatever I feel like doing as a family.
12)He'll clean the toilets. He doesn't do very many of the chores... He won't wash the floors. He won't fold clothes. But he will do a load of dishes (once in a great while), he will WASH the clothes. And he will clean the toilets.
13)When I hear him talk to his brother about what kind of girls to date, I hear David list qualities to look for, I know these are qualities he sees in me :)
14)If David eats out while at work, he'll bring me the leftovers
15)He kisses me on the cheek every morning. When I first married him this small act annoyed me... because I am not a morning person and I don't like to be spoken to or looked at or touched for the first few hours. But he still would do it. I decided to change my attitude about it. I started to force a smile and a good morning. Until one day I didn't have to force it. Now when my kids wake me up, I can smile and hug them and kiss them and mean it, all because David kisses me on the cheek.
16)He helps me prepare my lessons for my Sunday Young Women's class.
17)If I am burnt out, pulling my hair out, frustrated from our lovely children, David will either calm me down over the phone if he is at work, or he'll happily give me a night off.
18)He cracks me up. He tells super corny jokes, but sometimes they are really funny.
19)I love that he so rarely gets upset about things (I wish I could say the same about me).
20)He says "I love you" every day... sometimes it's "haha, oh Diana. I love you" because he is laughing at me overreacting to something, but I don't mind that response.
21)He bought me "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" as my first book on my Kindle because he knows me so well.
Man I could keep going... but I am tired. Good night.
1 comment:
You are a very fortunate woman not only to be loved but to recognize and appreciate that you are loved. Through small acts come greater ones!
Happy Valentines Day and thank you for your friendship and beautiful example!
Post a Comment