So we have Family Home Evening (FHE) on Sunday nights. Typically, in my Church, people set Monday nights aside for FHE. It's a good idea, but with David's work schedule vs. the kids sleep schedule, Sunday nights work best with us.
I love how excited the kids get for FHE. I remind Liam it's time for Family Home Evening and his face lights up and he jets out of the room yelling to Violet "Violet! Violet! We are having Family Home Evening!" she yells "YEA!" and they both dance around the room. How sweet is that?
Tonight when we sang the opening song, a very simple one called "Love One Another". I'm usually the only one singing, this time I told everyone the words, sang the song once, then we sang it again. Everyone participated in the singing, even Daddy.
Liam volunteered to say the opening prayer.
I talked to the kids about how Jesus loves every one. Next I named differences people might have from each other physically. Several times I would describe some characteristics of a person... hair color, height, skin color, eye color, weight, any handicaps etc., and asked Liam and Violet if Jesus loved that person. Then daddy read some scriptures. John 13:34-35. Talked about how Jesus wants us to treat others. Then read John 4:5-14 and 39-42 about the Samaritan woman at the well.
Next I had cut out lots of different shapes in different colors that they used to make pictures. I pointed out how different the shapes and colors were, that when we use them together they make a really interesting/beautiful pictures. Just like how people are different, they all add something interesting/beautiful to our lives. (This lesson was put together by a friend btw, I didn't come up with this.)
We sang another song. Violet and I said a closing prayer together. Then we made some popcorn and watched the (new) Karate Kid movie. Liam LOVED it. After all movies Liam and I always dance to the music played at the end. It's always Liam's idea. He'll say "mommy! will you dance with me?". This time was sooo funny. The karate (kung fu) kid in the movie (Jaden Smith) dances a little in the movie. So at the end, Liam got up and did this dance move just like Jaden Smith. It cracked me up. Then we had a Kung fu fight which was a lot of fun. Now Liam wants to learn "Karate". Violet wanted to go to bed halfway into the movie. It was a great Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment