Liam wanted to try to make peanut butter out of some dry roasted peanuts we had. I thought it would be fun to try. I didn't bother to find a recipe, I just recalled a memory of seeing a Peanut Butter Factory video on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.
We ground up the peanuts using a small food chopper. But because they were dry roasted peanuts not much oil came out. So I added a little olive oil. I added a dash of salt and nearly a tbsp of sugar. I then used my immersion blender to finish the blend.
The result was delicious. The sugar made it a little grainy, and I'm sure if I heated it a bit it would smooth out. But it was so tasty. Liam loved it. He said "Now lets make jelly out of yogurt!" I said "oh good idea but jelly isn't made out of yogurt it's made out of fruit!" He asked how and I explained it to the best of my knowledge. He wanted to make it, he said it sounded so tasty! but I don't have any of the right fruit on hand. So he agreed maybe another time.
I did however make some homemade biscuits. I can't make dinner rolls, but biscuits are easy. We used our homemade peanut butter on our homemade biscuits with a little bit of store-bought blackberry jam. It was a nice lunch.
1 comment:
whoa, that's amazing! Homemade peanut butter?! That's a christmas gift right there!
Post a Comment