Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines 2011



The kids and I gave cards to David along with breakfast of egg burritos and turkey bacon, David's favorite breakfast, before he left for work.

Liam had a school party. And to clear it up for my sister Kileen... her description of Valentines parties growing up sound exactly like mine. That was my point, a few meaningful conversation hearts. Yes the teachers had decorations, we made mail boxes, cupcakes and cookies abound. But the difference here is at Liam's school every kid made a goodie bag for all the other kids (we even made them because I knew it would be like that), so Liam came home with 14 goodie bags, all filled... not with a few candy hearts, but one goodie bag would contain, for example: A box of conversation hearts, chocolate hearts, cake ball, sucker, small toy, stickers or tattoos and some bendybandz. He got 14 bags all filled like that. Did you get that Kileen? Because I did not. They also had pizza and decorated/ate cupcakes, which is normal, I know.

Then David's parents called and offered to come over here to watch the kids if we wanted to go see a movie. It was tempting. But I know David doesn't like going out on nights he has to work the next day. SO instead I continued with my plan of making egg rolls and panko breaded chicken with rice, but decided to invite my in-laws over as well. I did not promise dinner (in case I screwed it up) so they were pleasantly surprised to find that I had made dinner for everyone. And I got lots of compliments. David helped me roll/fill/cook the egg rolls, and he helped cook the chicken as well. His dad commented on how much he was enjoying the egg rolls, and his mom said she really liked the chicken, then David added " Yeah, Diana is a really good cook"... Yay! Not a compliment David hands out to anybody. It made me happy to hear.

David had also bought me a dozen lovely roses in a gorgeous vase. He bought Violet a rose, I wish I got a picture of her reaction. She hugged the rose and smelt it and walked around holding it like she was a beauty queen. He also bought her a beautiful "Violet" orchid.

1 comment:

the Smiths said...

to clarify I wasn't referring to the goodie bags but I would get a lot of candy, cookies, cupcakes, and occasionally a heart shaped box of more conversation hearts or chocolate. I was commenting because you made it sound like you got one sucker, some conversation hearts and carrot sticks (kidding about the carrot sticks).