Sunday, September 28, 2008

Amazing.

David ate half a banana today. If you know David this news will make you fall out of your chair.

David volunteered today with some other volunteers from my church to work in Galveston and help muck out peoples homes and cut trees etc. A lady, our neighbor, went as well. She looked after him, and at one point told him to eat a banana. He said "no thanks, I don't like them". She said "Oh just eat it, you'll need the potassium" and handed him the banana. David took it, handed it back and said "What? I don't know how to open that thing". She said "Oh brother" cut it in half, peeled it and said "just eat half". Hahahaha HE DID! I can't believe it. I mean I can not believe it. I've never seen David eat any fruit, except perhaps in juice form, and then only cran-grape or orange juice no pulp. I don't think David has eaten so much as a taste of an apple slice since he was a small child. He has never eaten a banana, hates the smell of them.

He said he was just swallowing bites whole and chasing it with water...said he was doing fine until he hit a particularly sweet part that made him (his words) ALMOST projectile vomit. Hahaha. How do you almost projectile vomit? Projectile vomiting cannot be controlled can it? He said the memory of the taste made him want to vomit all day! Hahahaha. My poor baby.

I was proud of him for stepping up to do service. He said there were over 650 volunteers from my church today, yesterday there were 600. 1 house at a time, 1 work order at a time. They probably didn't even make a dent. He said there are boats strewn about along the freeway in Galveston, and that it smelt awful. Lots to be done.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I can't believe he doesn't like fruit!! I LOVE FRUIT!

Erum HATES bananas. HAAATES them. I guess I can understand hating one type of fruit (like, I don't like papayas) ... but ALL fruit? CRAZY!

Good for him (and all the others) for volunteering!!!