Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday Storm

Yesterday it was flooding rain. We couldn't really leave the house to run all the errands I had planned for that day. These included:
  • Hair cut for Liam and David (I have given up cutting Liam's hair until he is a bit older and will sit still for me)
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Renting a Rug Doctor and cleaning these filthy carpets of ours
  • Get our oil changed in the cars
  • I was gonna make a special dinner for David and I...but no Groceries...so we had left overs
We lost power for about two hours during the day. Not too bad, watching the storm with the kids was pretty entertaining. And we all napped, it was pretty relaxing. So though the day didn't go as I had planned, it was still pretty nice. Here is some footage of the storm...unfortunately I didn't get the best of it, but this was still cool...and yes, lighting makes me jump, scream and then laugh at myself. Also, in case you can't tell in the video, the water is past our sidewalk to our lawn.

3 comments:

the Smiths said...

crazy! and I love that you jumped at the lightning!

Unknown said...

Gross. Your power went out. ICK!

Especially For Youth (EFY) is a week long program held at different colleges across the country, maybe world, that is sponsored by the church.

There are dances, classes, activities, service, a variety show, etc. A lot of times they stay in the dorms, sometimes at home. The youth are in groups and I was a counselor for one group.

You can read more about it here, if you are interested.

http://ce.byu.edu/yp/efy-programs/efy/

Kathy said...

ahh!!! The Diana laugh! It's been a while since I've heard it. :-)