David and I haven't been on a date together in quite a while... I don't even remember when. I'm pretty sure it was dinner and a movie, lol. That's okay, I like that kind of date. So last night we decided to go see Inception. David hadn't eaten since breakfast... that's HIS fault... I offered him lunch but he wasn't hungry, said he'd wait til dinner... I said I didn't know when Connor would get home, it could be late, he should eat now. He insisted he would wait. Whatever. He was working from home and it's a particularly stressful time at work right now, he doesn't eat much when he's stressed out. I am the opposite :(
We were going to just go to Chili's and than Star Cinema Grill... only because it had the soonest show time for the movie, and just get some lemonade maybe desert there. I don't really like their food that much. We had 40 minutes before the movie started, BUT David said he would rather wait in the car 20 minutes rather than rush through eating and just eat at Start Cinema Grill. Okay, I said, that's fine. It gave us 20 minutes in the car to argue over something about Peter and the Wolf... and something else about Fantasia vs Fantasia 2000, he was right about one part and I was right about one part we discovered as I looked it up on my phone.
Inside the movie waiting for our order, David sees a big freaking rat. YUCK! I shivered. I didn't see it. He was laughing so I almost thought he was kidding... until we saw another man get up and start looking around. David says "Did you see it too?" and the man says "YOU saw it too? That big rat? I thought I was seeing things!". Double yuck because that confirmed it. I wanted to leave. The waiter said the manager knew and was working on the 'situation' okaaay. And he said it came in because of all the 'nearby' construction. uhhh. I asked the waiter if he would eat there if he had seen a rat. He said he eats there all the time. Probably wrong person to ask. David wanted to stay. I ordered the veggie pizza because I knew it was shipped there and frozen... so less likely the rats could get to it. I barely ate it. Movie was good.
On the way home we were talking about the movie. I see something in the road, but figured it was a dead animal. David didn't see it until our headlights were on it, it slowly turned to look at us, it's eyes reflected in the light and seemed to say "dang it". It was a very large, largest I've ever seen, armadillo. It was too late to stop or slow down and David didn't want to swerve because there were cars next to us. He didn't hit it with his tire, he ran right down the center of our car, but I heard a loud bump that I THINK sounded like a POP, but David said it wasn't a pop. When I heard it I threw up my hands around my head and SCREAMED. I had a terrible feeling... as if I would burst just like the armadillo. Thank goodness I wasn't driving because we would have wrecked for sure.
David was sad. He said that's the only live armadillo he's ever seen. I think he teared up a little, because I saw him wipe his eyes a little later. We talked about the armadillo the rest of the way home, trying to decide if it could have possibly survived.
It's good to know that we haven't been desensitized by movies and television. Killing an armadillo broke our hearts a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment