This morning I was making breakfast for the family. Nobody was that hungry so breakfast was going to be toast, turkey bacon and hot chocolate. Liam talked non-stop about how he wanted hot chocolate with four marshmallows. He brought me his thermos to put it in. This is his super special thermos that he will be taking to school, which starts in about 3 weeks!!!
This thermos is awesome, the outside doesn't get hot or cold but ice will last all day, or the heat if you put soup or hot coco inside... It also doesn't leak, has a straw and (most importantly) is VERY easy to clean... even the straw (you know what I'm talking about if you've owned several different versions of sippy cups).
I pour boiling hot water into the thermos. I considered adding milk right away to cool it down, but thought the chocolate might mix better if it was super hot. so I fill it about halfway with the boiling hot water and add the mix, close the lid and shake. Without thinking I pop open the lid (it has a little button). Streaming hot chocolate comes shooting out of the straw, fast and hard right at me. Right at my right breast to be precise. I just stand there. I should have moved but it paralyzed me. I finally turn the thing or jump out of the way, I don't know what happened. I guess I screamed and than (sorry to be so graphic) but I pulled my breast out of my shirt and had cold water running over it. I was startled to see David by my side. He was laughing, or trying not to, as I manage to say "I burned my breast". He says "how?" I don't answer. Liam meanwhile is saying "I want hot chocolate with four marshmallows" I say "AHHHHH, Liam, not now I just burned myself!" than realizing that wasn't his fault, I say "That's not your fault I just need a minute before I finish your hot chocolate, so please stop asking me".
David says "So were you cooking the bacon and you leaned too far in and burned it that way?". I just look at him. He says "Judging by the look I am guessing that's what happened" and he starts laughing again. Very annoyed I say "NO, that is NOT what happened! and stop laughing, it really hurts". Though I was between laughing and crying myself. If he had seen it happen he'd probably be rolling on the floor laughing.
All I have to say is these breasts have been through a lot. Pregnancy, breastfeeding pains, David and now scalding hot coco.
No comments:
Post a Comment