Monday, May 9, 2011

Pain in the Neck

I realized recently that I've had neck pain since I was a little girl. I told my dad about always having neck pain (when I was younger I just didn't think it was unusual to have neck pain so I never really told anyone). My dad told me that a neighbor was swinging me around when I was a little girl and dropped me on my head from about three feet in the air! My dad thought the fall had killed me. But I guess when I moved around and didn't have symptoms of a concussion they assumed I was fine... but this event may be the cause of my neck pain.

Lately the pain has been so much worse plus I get a stiff neck. I have a large lump (I can see this turning into a hump back) it's right under my neck between my shoulder blades.

Another problem is when I was around 14 or 15 I had developed fairly large breasts (D's), I was thin and I had good posture... well a few people told me I stick out my chest so that my breast appear larger. Which trust me, never even crossed my mind. When you have large breasts you don't even think about trying to make them look bigger, they just are. I guess these same girls didn't have much of anything and I guess were just jealous, but that didn't occur to me back then because it seems like a stupid thing to be jealous of. As a young woman I became VERY self conscious about this and started hunching my shoulders in a little so I couldn't be accused of this anymore. It seems to have added to the neck problems.

Anyhow I think it's finally time to see a doctor about this neck pain.

3 comments:

the Smiths said...

I had a girl tell me the same thing and I am so self conscious! girls suck.

d e e said...

I never knew you had that happen too Ki. Girls do suck sometimes.

Monika said...

can you please share with me? ;)