I love making lists.
1. Make resolutions and actually see them through!
2. begin and finish the second half of the dining room painting.
3. begin and finish the fireplace painting
4. work out and eat healthy! Goal is to get into shape so that next year in 2013, sometime, I can take a roller derby boot camp course or two so that in 2014 I can try out for a team. This is a crazy goal for me and I don't have the best record of seeing things through. I really want to get back in shape but I need a long term fun goal that will help me get there... and not have that goal be to run a 5k, that doesn't appeal to me in the least. I also figured since I'm done having kids, I can do something a bit scary like roller derby. David said "um, Diana, have you seen how tough those women are?" and I was all "David, do you recall I gave birth to 3 babies!? Don't you think I'm somewhat tough?". I love how you have to be over 18 to even join a team, and that women of all ages and skill levels can be apart of a team. I've actually wanted to join a women's roller derby since I was in my 20's but didn't know how to go about doing so and was worried I'd look stupid and get really hurt right away... which I might, but I guess being 30 and losing your once in shape body to having beautiful children gives you more confidence in ones abilities. Also reading this article helped me believe I can do anything :)
Wow, okay, sorry for the tangent.
5. buy new dishwasher/ stove top / microwave / oven (pending David's bonus)
6. begin food storage
7. Better sleep schedule (once Drake is sleeping through the night that is). Bed by 10, up and on the treadmill by 6:30.
8. Make more time for the kids to do fun stuff. Being pregnant and sick and then having a new baby took up most of 2011 and I really didn't do as much with the kids as I would have liked.
9. READ and study the NEW TESTAMENT. How many years has this one been on my list? Much like my diet and exercise resolve, I always start but never finish... alright, this year will be different.
2011 Review!
Basically all I wanted in 2011 was to get pregnant and have a baby! YAY!!! I followed through on my resolutions!!! I also mentioned that I felt 2011 would be a blessed but tough year. I sure was right... I wonder if one could say that about every year? It was a tough year though. I was extremely sick for the first 5 months of my pregnancy. Then I was worried constantly about the baby. Got some bad/sad news about my mom. Violet had to go to the hospital. It was a blessed year too. I had a beautiful baby... what a gift from Heavenly Father he is to our family. We were able to afford a car for David without adding to our existing debt (ie paying off family car, student loans, and house) thanks to some unexpected funds. Violet is doing better. I don't know what 2012 will bring. I'm not excited about how it's starting out though with my 8 week old in the hospital... maybe this year will be the year of deeper spiritual growth.
No comments:
Post a Comment