Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Challenge

I went to a Women's Conference with my sister Kileen yesterday morn. It was fun to hang out with her, I think I could have fun with Kileen anywhere. She is 7 years younger than me, but I am very close with her. I was just telling her how I think it's great our kids are around the same age even though we are 7 years apart in age.

But I digress. The conference was about literature. Keeping good books in your homes (as opposed to trashy ones), immersing oneself into studying the scriptures, and the importance of journal keeping. Thus the challenge. At the conference I made a journal jar and was given strips of papers with questions on them one might answer in a journal. SO for this blog you will see me write posts entitled Journal Topic #... and than I will answer the question.

Me and Ki also got inspired to start our book club. We are being uncreative and using the name of the reading/food club from The Office, "The Finer Things Club". Our first book is called "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini.

No comments: