The menu was potato pancakes, mac and cheese, tomato soup, and sliced apples with a tiny bit of sugar and cinnamon. Liam does not like mac and cheese so he didn't get any... he also ate a yogurt which I didn't take a picture of. The kids love apples, normally I don't put cinnamon and sugar on them but this was a treat today. Potato pancakes are a big hit. If you've never had them they taste like (to me) what I would imagine fried mashed potatoes to taste like... they have a crispy exterior and a smooth creamy interior... they don't taste like hash browns at all to me, but some people think they do, I guess it depends on how you make hash browns and potato pancakes. I admit, I use a
mix.http://www.mrgrocers.com/streits-potato-pancake-latkes-mix-6oz-1853 but I buy mine from the grocery store, not that website... that is the brand I get. My goal is to someday make this meal from scratch... homemade potato pancakes, tomato soup, and mac and cheese. I have made mac and cheese homemade before but since Violet and I are the only ones who eat it, we end up with a lot of leftovers. If someday both Liam likes it, and Drake... then it might be worth the extra effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment