Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pizza!

I wanted to try to make pizza from scratch so I asked my sister Kileen (who has made it before) for help. We used a recipe for the dough from JOY of Cooking. Kileen showed me the key parts of making the dough but really she did most of the work. SORRY the following pictures are super blurry :( On my phone they looked fine, I wasn't paying close attention to how well the pics turned out.



Dough just risen




Rolled them out
                                                         The professional at work


 
Just adding the sauce 


                                            my mushroom pizza just before I cooked it.


                                             mushroom pizza after I cooked it. *so good*


  
My pepperoni pizza I made for the rest of the family, knowing they 
wouldn't enjoy my mushroom pizza. 


Kileen's small pizza, she also made a larger pepperoni only for her family that I didn't get a picture of.



This is what I worked on while Kileen made the dough. I made bishop's pie for both her family and mine. It's crushed oreos on the bottom, then a layer of cream cheese and whipped cream mixture, then a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of just whipped cream on top with a few oreo cookie sprinkles. The kids love this... so do I.

The pizza was really good, but David said he could taste the yeast in it... so next time we will try a pizza dough recipe without yeast... Ki says she has a good one.

No comments: