Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Liam Update: 2 Years, 3 Months

Running a bit behind on this. Liam has been talking up a storm, he fills half his sentence with made up words/sounds. It's funny. He's more into talking on the phone to daddy while daddy is at work. The other day his end of the conversation went like this:
"Hi daddy"
"Oh Hi"
then a few sentences I couldn't understand
"P. I. E. Pie. ABC's"
"Okay, I love you, okay bye daddy".

He walked up to Violet a few days ago and said "You are SO cute!" He did it again yesterday. He gets this exclamation from David.

He has been acting up to get my attention. He doesn't even care if it gets him into timeout. Uh-oh.

He's been finding pens everywhere (I can never find them, but he just knows exactly where to look...or perhaps because he looks everywhere). Then he draws on everything. He knows he's only supposed to draw on paper. But now and then I'll find scribbles on toys, books, David's stereo, my desk etc. He also loves getting on the computer and typing.

Today I caught him making a "grocery list", he had a paper and pencil and was scribbling and saying aloud "Milk, eggs...milk, juice"

He has been helping me in the garden. He digs up good dirt and puts it with my dug up weeds. Or he'll poor dirt in our little fountain...so now it's full of dirt. Or he'll toss dirt in the air and let it hit him in the face as if it were confetti. I bought him a few gardening tools, including rain boots so he doesn't come in with soaked muddy feet. He has learned how to turn on the water in the back. He fills his bucket and dumps it out, over and over til the grass by the water faucet is a muddy soaking mess. And I let him do it because it lets me get my work done. Violet meanwhile sits on her blanket and picks grass. After wards he has a long bath.

He'll find little pieces of dirt, bring it to me and tell me it's a bug. He knows I hate bugs and scream when I see them. The first time he did this, he brought me a little dead bug he found in the windowsill and I screamed. He laughed. Now he brings these pieces of dirt and says "bug mommy" and I scream because I think it's actually a bug and he laughs.

Bribes to take his nap have become necessary again (had stopped for a while). The last few days he has come to expect it...but at least he'll nap for a good 2 hours.

Even though I am sure he's never seen anyone actually go fishing, he takes a stick that he took off of his easel, it's the stick that holds the paper roll, it has a hole on both ends to attach to the easel. He also has a long plastic tube that came from my breast pump. He takes the tube and puts it in the hole on the stick. Then he tells me he's going fishing mommy, and he whips it out in front of him to fish. Where did he learn that from?

He's my sweet boy!

No comments: