Almost a week behind. Sorry Liam!
He is such a big boy. Still working on the potty training...some days I work on it, other days I forget about it all day...except while I'm changing diapers.
He's really been buttering me up when he does something wrong and I tell him "Time OUT!" he'll say "Oh, I sorry mommy, HUG! KISS!" So I've had to change things up. Now I forgive him the first time. Second time he does it, he can tell me he's sorry after time out.
He has been practicing tracing letters and numbers. He loves it and tries really really hard. He can write the lowercase letter t very well for his age. I've since bought him work books and trying to encourage him to learn uppercase first. He'll say "down, across" or "up, down, across" etc...depends on the letter. When we work without the books, we work on his first name. With the books, they encourage practicing certain letters first...like T, L, H. Anyway, we have fun having our "school" time.
Playdough time has just worked it's way back into our day...it had been absent for a few months now because it had gotten to the point where he was just throwing it all over the kitchen floor. It's been fun for Liam to rediscover.
Taking a break from gardening...while the garden grows anyway. I water it everyday (except rainy days of course) while the kids are napping...but still have little picnics outside since the weather has been gorgeous.
We had a plumber out a few weeks ago because our garbage disposal was kaput (big hole in it). Liam just wanted to help him the whole time. It was very cute and a wee bit frustrating at the same time. He has his own tool bench and enjoys hammering the nails to the little wood pieces and "mommy (daddy) wook, build a tower" as he says.
He has been smacking David, sometimes me, in the face when he is frustrated...just when we think he's over doing so, he starts it up again.
He had a fairly bad cold a few weeks ago, I was hoping he was over it, but has a lot of congestion once again. Once he's over it, he can finally get the other half of his flu shot...though it may no longer be useful to do so...I don't know.
Liam has been talking much more, creating new sentences, it's very cute. He started singing the ABC's quite often this month, all the way through. He had started trying to sing it a while back, but would skip letters now he sings them all (though still bumbles through LMNO)...he was too shy on the video to sing.
Quite a handful. Oh and he doesn't let me talk on the phone. No way, that's when he gets into the most trouble. But we love him very much and he often gives hugs and kisses to everyone of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment