
My little baby girl. Why, why does it have to go by so quickly? She is so sweet and has gotten a milder (thank heavens) version of our cold here. Coughing and some congestion, but she can still breathe through her nose okay and has a sweet disposition. I feel bad because my lips are so dry from having to breathe through my mouth, that I can't smile or my lips crack and bleed...so I try to smile at her with my eyes and voice when she flashes me a huge happy grin. She had half her flu-shot so far. We just hit the 28 days you have to wait to get the second half...but I will wait until we are all well again before I take her in for that.
She is getting so big and independent. She can sit up by herself, still rolls and squirms to get anywhere. She propped up on her hands and knees once for about 1 second...and now...well we just bought her a new 'jumperoo', she loves the view so much and jumping up and down that she'd rather be in that, then on the ground wiggling and rolling. So it takes some will power on my part, to still make sure she has plenty of floor time.
She is now eating stage 2 foods (sometimes stage 3 depending what it is) and doing very well eating her veggies and occasional fruits. She actually loves the banana foods (Liam wouldn't eat anything with bananas in it). Carrots seem to hurt her tummy though.
Still no signs of teeth, this is surprising considering how much teething...chewing on everything and drooling she seems to have been doing all month. They'll probably just pop up one day, kinda like how Liam was.
She is very in tune with music and rhythm. I was using a wet vac the other day. It has a steam setting and a water/steam setting. The first makes a dut-dut-dut-dut noise, the second makes the same dut-dut-dut, but twice as fast. I was cleaning a juice spill or dirt or poop or something (happens a lot) and using the steam first and she starts bopping her head and kicking her feet to the rhythm...when I moved to the water/steam setting with the faster beat, she started moving faster to keep up! It was adorable.
She gets crazy happy when she sees Liam. He gives her kisses all the time, but has started to poke her face with a stick when he can. I was in the kitchen cleaning and they were in the living room playing, when I see him raise his hand as if to smack her (now I NEVER have hit Liam, but he has picked up on smacking, I believe from one of his cousins...we used to have a big problem with it last year, now he rarely hits us and when he does it's an automatic time-out) I watched to see what he would do before running out to stop him...don't know in these situations what is the right thing to do as a parent...let him make his decision and deal with the consiquences (time-out) but then Violet would be the victim :( or stop him beforehand just in case he makes the wrong choice? I decided to see what would happen if I let him decide. He didn't see me watching. He brought down his arm fast then suddenly changed his mind at the last minute and stopped his hand from landing on her head...then he gently stroked her hair while she, with smiling eyes and mouth, admired her big brother. Then he leaned in and kissed her head and went on playing. I'm glad I let him decide. He made the right decision on his own.
Next month (maybe) I may get her little ears pierced, her doctor offered to do it, so I may just take her up on that. I know I mentioned that in an earlier post.
1 comment:
Got your check! Thanks! I'll try to buy them tomorrow!
Hope you are feeling better!
She is darling!
Post a Comment