Monday, February 23, 2009

Play-Doh...Keeping Me Sane.

The last few days Liam has managed to (again) find a marker (Permanent this time) and write all over the walls of our living room, hallway, our bedroom, his bedroom. But this time he also wrote on the carpet, the couch, the chair, his red storage ottoman in his room...that was one day. So I know where were David and I? On our computers. I generally make it a rule no computers while the kids are awake. But Violet was asleep and Liam was 30 minutes to bedtime and we had decided (because it was a long day) let him watch his word world DVD. So we thought he would be fixed to the screen...noooo he took this as an opportunity to do what he must of been dying to do since the last time he wrote on the walls.

Then after I get as much of it out of the chair as I could, today while I was feeding Violet in the kitchen, he writes on the chair AGAIN. So it's been a rough morning. I kept putting him in time-out...but too much time-out just makes things worse it seems. So I broke out the play-doh while I attempted to clean what I could of the ink. I have also tried to make more of an effort to gather any and all writing utensils (I'm positive I've missed a few) and put them where he can't get at them (I hope). I am sick to dealth of cleaning these markings. I went ahead and bought the heavy duty magic eraser. It still doesn't get it all out. I also use a steam vac my mother-in-law has indefinetely let me borrow...she figures we need it more then she does I guess! Haha.

But yeah, that 30 minutes with the play-doh has helped me regroup. Now I better go before he climbs out of his highchair and finds another marker...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a mess! How funny!

RAINEY said...

so glad my kids didn't do much of that...cuz i would've killed someone! just kidding...i always went through a speech of "we only color on paper! not on the walls, not on the floors, not on the furniture...only on paper!" Just need to make it through Lu now...