Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines 2009 brought to you by my Flip Video camera

So I cheated, I used the mixing method provided by Flip...maybe that's like using photoshop filters (a no no for graphic designers for the most part) but I confess, it was lovely, took about 2 minutes. It's hard to tell what is going on so I'll help out...I am showing what I am making us for Valentines Dinner...Chinese dumplings, artichokes (for me), rice and sparkling grape juice...I also had a small lobster tail that I ate while I made the dumplings. I show a view of the lovely fire in the fireplace that we aren't even enjoying. Then we are putting Liam to bed (the majority of the video). First I show how messy his room is, he always writes with chalk on his ottoman type storage container at the end of his bed. Then we are singing ABC's with him...he is "signing" the ABC's cuz that's what I do. Then we sing Itsy Bitsy Spider and Pumpkin Pie. Then we are eating...yes by our computers. Until we get a proper table, Liam eats dinner (because he won't) and we don't eat past his bedtime, we don't eat together at a table or discuss our day...we do that while I prepare the food. I know I know, probably not a good idea...but that's how we roll. The dumplings were okay, it's better when I make egg rolls...but I was full from my artichoke and lobster tail anyway.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute! (Despite using a "filter" ... we were mostly trained as print designers, so I don't blame you. Plus your MAC isn't running (or is it?) so, it's ok!)

That song, however, will be stuck in my head forever.

Liam has gotten so big since the last set of photos I've seen of him. His hair is pretty long.

Also, I love the fire!