Today I was accosted in the mall by a Kiosk clerk. Usually when I walk around the mall with my daughter and a slight scowl on my face the kiosks leave me alone. This one had a huge smile on his face and just wanted to hand me a sample. BUT then he said "you have beautiful skin, what moisturizer do you use?" I knew this was a trap but I couldn't resist telling him that I don't use a moisturizer. I told him I've tried many different kinds for 12 years and they just make me break out. So he says "well I don't want to show you a moisturizer, give me your wrist please" I told him I didn't have a lot of time and pointed to Violet as if to suggest why... he said "no no no, this won't take any time". He put some gel like substance, all organic certified of course, and rubbed my arm, complementing on how clean my skin is. Ahhh but even with my clean skin, here look at all this dead skin that has come off of your wrist, now imagine what it can do for your face he says, and that he imagines I have sensitive skin. Ohhh how did he know I was looking for a new exfoliator? But I've learned my lesson from buying from these Kiosks, A) they are always a much higher price B) they are often just gimmics. I told him very sternly that I will do some research at home, and if people like the product then I will be back... in my head thinking, unless the price is cheaper online too. He did not want me to walk away of course. He kept saying "but I just showed you how it works", "I can show you testimonials". I just said "If your product is worth it, you shouldn't worry, surely I'll be back". He kept talking but I said "Sorry I have to go"
I did look it up when I got home. All glowing reviews on Amazon... except for many mentioned the Kiosk price being about $70+ and Amazon's price was $35.34... I just checked and must have gotten the last one because it now says $69 and it's sold through someone else and not directly through Amazon.
It's called Vivo Per Lei facial peeling, I can't wait to try it on my face!
1 comment:
I always look rushed or suddenly get deep in conversation with Lindsay when being approached. :)
Post a Comment