Lee Lee is a nick name I call Liam sometimes. It might be confusing for both kids because my mom-in-law nicknamed Violet, Lily...but with her accent it sounds like Lee Lee.
Today Liam, Violet and I were laying down in the dining room next to the Castle. Liam had brought out pillows and blankets. Then he asked me to tell a story. I made up a story...I was actually trying to recall the story from the book: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler and I just made the kids Liam and Violet.
Meanwhile, there is a keyboard and some extra computer equipment laying next to Liam. While I am telling this story, Liam sits up and starts typing the story I am telling out on the computer. Obviously not actually typing it, but pretending to. And when I finished telling the story, he stopped and layed back down. Then sang a song to Violet... I think it was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".
Later that night, he had some wooden alphabet letters that go to a puzzle all around on his bed. I asked him to move them so I could sit down to read him his story. He starts scooping the letters towards himself while saying "come to papa, come to papa!" I'm pretty sure he got that from Mr. Krabs on Spongebob Squarepants...which he watched a LOT of while he was sick these past few weeks.
And yesterday we were sitting down to eat lunch and he said "Mom, we need to say a prayer for the food" and he folded his arms and closed his eyes and waited. It was a very sweet moment.
1 comment:
awe... so sweet!! I love those moments!
Post a Comment