Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wut-Oh

Today was 'warm' enough for the kids to play outside. While outside I noticed that our backyard grass is all dead. It's like hay. What do the lawn mowing guys mow exactly? Because it's not growing.

I have a brilliant landscaping plan for my backyard...and it does not involve grass. SO we all know landscaping costs a ton. I thought, how much cheaper to just do it myself and grow the bushes I want from seed? Hahaha. Nevermind the costs of the extra dirt I'll probably need, the gravel, the rocks, the possible flagstone, the trees, the potted plants.. And I know it will be a ton of work and might look horrible... but can it look worse then hay? So I get out a culitvator and start 'raking' up the hay. Now I have a huge section of muddy hay. Good thing David probably won't ever notice what I am doing back there. He is always working and on weekends he spends time playing with the kids inside the house and time playing computer games...not working in the backyard. Good thing he doesn't read this blog either!

Think I'm gonna tell our lawn mowing guys to just leave the backyard alone. Do you think I can ask for a discount?

No comments: